Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you are unable to solve your issue using the tips below, please contact the developers by opening a bug report on Discord (opens in a new tab).
As a last resort, you can perform a hard reset (opens in a new tab) to restore the app to its default state. Note that this will delete all your data.
- Restart the Faraday app.
- Restart your computer.
- Quit all other apps that might be using a lot of memory.
If this fixes your issue, other programs on your computer were consuming too many resources, preventing Faraday from running correctly.
- Change your context size to 2048 on the "Settings" page on the left sidebar.
- Create a brand new character (the default Faraday assistant is fine).
- Create a new chat and try to load the model.
If this fixes your issue, your device cannot handle the default context size of 4096. Use a smaller model, or lower your context size permanently.
- Download the latest installer on https://faraday.dev/ (opens in a new tab) and run it again (you will not lose any data).
- Create a brand new character.
- Try to load a new chat.
If this fixes your issue, there was a problem with your installation.
Go to the "Settings" page in the left sidebar:
- Set GPU acceleration to "None", and try again. If that works, it means your GPU settings are not valid.
- Switch GPU mode to "Manual", and set the value to 10%. If that works, increase the percentage steadily until the model does not load anymore. Select the highest value that works.
- Do NOT use an integrated GPU with Faraday.
For more information on GPU settings, see this page (opens in a new tab).
On Windows CUDA, download the latest Nvidia Drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us (opens in a new tab)
For Mac, please make sure that you are using Mac OS 12 or later.
For Windows, please make sure you are using Windows 8 or later.